''Dear Charlotte,
Thank you for your message.
I’m afraid I am a freelance designer working alone and I cannot offer you any job opportunities.
I would love to look at your portfolio and give you feedback if that is all you want, but if I may give you a bit of advice, please be careful not to send your work around because there are some unscrupulous people in the industry who would not hesitate to use your designs as “inspiration”. It is always best to show your work in person. I know that is not always possible, but do be wary not to send your creations too freely. If you do, send a small selection of key pieces, and always make sure they’re small resolution images, with your name and a big (c) on each, thus stating your designs are copyrighted. It won’t deter people to copy them, yet it’s a step in the right direction.
Best regards''
EB
I do very much appreciate her giving me advice and a word of warning so to speak, many people in the industry wouldn't bother. So it was nice of her to do so. It was something I was already aware of but I will most likely be more aware now of sending my work out now and try and just get face to face portfolio viewings. So I have sent her my portfolio hoping for some feedback.
No comments:
Post a Comment